Friday, August 14, 2009

Wild Goose Chase


It appears that we may have been on a wild goose chase for awhile. In the last 18 months my husband's employers have had him working in 5 different facilities in 3 different states. As I mentioned previously, this has meant lots of moving for us. We now have part of our belongings scattered in storage throughout the Midwest.


My husband's employers are telling us now, that they are considering transferring him back to one of places he worked before. Ironically enough, it is the location that I eventually chose to stay at while he got moved around the country. So we may be staying out on the prairie. I still have everything we own packed in boxes though, just in case they change their minds again. They are supposed to make a final decision soon. We'll see.


When I saw these geese in the parking lot of a local hardware store, I couldn't help but be reminded of my own life. Apparently these geese were tired of migrating too, so they just stopped at the hardware store and started a family. Mama goose made a nest in a bag of mulch in the parking lot. Daddy goose walks a foot patrol around the base of the pile of bags, watching over his little family. He honks a warning at anyone or anything that gets too close to their home in the lawn care section.





I guess they kind of illustrate the idea that anywhere can be home as long as you are surrounded by the people that you love!


Have a great weekend, and blessings to you and your family.

5 comments:

  1. That is too funny about the geese!

    I hope things turn out the way you want. I think it's a good sign they may send him back to where you stayed!

    We moved here 7 years ago and I still have boxes that got put in the cellar that I haven't touched! Guess I didn't really need them anyway.

    Dawn

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy,
    I so hope that things work out for you on the move and that you end up where you want to be.
    Great story about the geese and so true that home can be anywhere as long as you are with the people you love.
    ~Cindy~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you the best on your place to live. I guess you are correct that it doesn't matter where you live if you are with the ones you love. Thanks for sharing the story of the geese and pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for your encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your little kitty picture in your profile!

    ReplyDelete